°Celsius Screw Heat Exchangers
Kemutec is proud to present °Celsius Screw Heat Exchangers for the heating, cooling or drying of powders and granules.
Celsius Screw Exchangers
Single Screw heat exchanger
Celsius Screw Exchanger
Twin Screw heat exchanger
Celsius Screw Exchanger
Twin Screw Heat Exchanger
The screw heat exchanger is an indirect heat exchanger based on a transfer screw design and is used for cooling, heating and drying powders, granules and pastes. In a machine with indirect heat transfer, the heating and cooling medium is separated from the product by means of a barrier. Often a heated barrier or body surrounded by the product is used. The advantage of this method is that it is energy efficient and that there is less dust formation to harm the environment.
The products can vary from the cooling of sand to the melting of chocolate. The heat is transferred via the trough wall, screw shaft, screw flight or a combination. During the transfer, the material will be cooled, heated or dried.
- Custom Design to Suit Application
- Variety of Construction Materials
- Can Process Paste-Like Masses
- "Closed" and Sealed System
- Energy Efficient
- Little to No Dust Formation
- Easy to Clean
All °Celsius Screw Heat Exchangers are custom designed and manufactured to suit individual heating, drying or cooling applications.
Typical customization would include:
- Single or twin screw
- Type of heating or cooling media - water, steam, oil, etc.
- Range of heat transfer surfaces - trough, wall, screw, shaft, screw flight
- Material of construction
- Instrumentation and control valves for process control
Solid product such as powders, granules, grains and pastes are fed into the °Celsius Screw Heat Exchanger, where the efficient and effective heat transfer abilities of the machine enables rapid temperature change in the product. This results in fast and efficient heating, cooling and drying processes.
Typical process factors used in the design of Screw Heat Exchangers are:
- Product or material type
- Bulk density
- Throughput rate
- Temperature and moisture content of infeed product
- Required temperature or moisture content of processed product
- Coefficient of heat transfer
In order to determine some of the above data and prove the suitability of proposed machine, we are able to conduct material trials on your product - please contact us for details.
Heating is essential if the temperature of the solid product needs to be increased for processing. Heating can be done indirectly using water (up to 160C), thermal oil (up to 900C) and steam (up to 200C). If heating must be done very quickly steam can be used to heat directly.
There are many different ways to cool solid substances, indirect cooling with water or with a water/glycol water (antifreeze) or direct cooling with liquid nitrogen. Which way of cooling is most suitable depends on the final temperature and on the required velocity of back cooling. Through indirect cooling a temperature up to -25C can be accomplished, whereas with direct cooling a temperature up to -196C can be achieved. The maximum capacity is roughly 20 t/hour. Of course this depends on the process variables.
Dry with the indirect heating of the exchanger screws and wall with the availability of and/or process requirements –i.e. hot water, steam or thermal oil. Indirect drying is suitable for after-drying of powders when a longer retention time is necessary to get complete drying (retention time of 1 to 2 hours is possible).
Egg Shell Dryer
Sanitizing and drying egg shells.
The °Celsius Egg Shell Dryer is part of a continuous industrial process, whereby the shells of recently broken eggs are sterilized. Because the shells are heated to approximately 130°C during this sanitization process, they are dried at the same time. The result is a germ-free, fine-grained and valuable lime product with a maximum moisture content of 1%. This end product can be used as a soil enhancer or as lime for the feed or cement industry.
°Celsius can supply 3 different installations with a processing capacity of 500, 1000 or 1500 kilograms of shells per hour.
Advantages of the °Celsius Egg Shell Dryer:
- Energy saving due to indirect heat transfer
- Limited installation space
- In line and fully continuous process tailored to the processing capacity
- Robust design entirely of stainless steel 304
- Very low maintenance costs, less than 1% of the purchase value per year
- Large installed customer base
- A technical life that far exceeds its economic life
- Environmentally friendly solution for the shell problem
- No odor nuisance and a waste stream that is turned into a valuable raw material